Mission: Under the support and supervision of YVFWC/NCAC, within the Education Division, the Health Promotion Specialist Team works together to empower people to achieve their full health potential. Strategies include but are not limited to:
- Eliminate barriers to living healthy lifestyles,
- Provide education, specifically related to nutrition and physical activity.
- Strengthen skills and capabilities of individuals.
- Disseminate health information.
- Promote health ideas and concepts to motivate individuals to adopt healthy behaviors.
- Build a healthy public policy.
- Take action directed towards changing social, environmental and economic conditions so as to alleviate their impact on public and individual health.
- Model healthy lifestyles.